The Northford Ice Pavilion COVID protocols were updated. The only change to the restrictions below is the approval to allow two parents in the building if BOTH parents are required for defined USA Hockey duties (coach and locker room monitor). Scorekeepers and/or clock operators still count against the one (1) spectator rule. Click here for the link or read the rules below:
Northford Ice Pavilion
- Facility capacity (per rink) is reduced per state guidelines.
- Only one (1) spectator per player. Parent coaches count as one (1) spectator.
- If two parents from the same family are required to fulfill USA Hockey duties, both parents may enter the rink. Required USA Hockey duties include coaching and locker room monitors.
- No siblings or other children will be allowed in with an adult spectator.
- Teams will not enter the rink until 20 minutes before their game/practice time.
- Please get partially dressed outside – this means only helmets, skates, and goalie pads should be put on inside of the rink. All other equipment should be put on in the parking lot before entering the rink.
- Attendees in the rink will enter through the front of the rink and exit based on the rinks defined traffic patterns. Attendees should not be exiting through the lobby.
- Red Rink exits on the side of the building
- Blue rink exits in the back of the building
- White rink exits near the picnic benches
- NO Tailgating or group gatherings outside of the rink. Team warm-ups will still be allowed, but players must wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- Masks shall be worn at all times by EVERYONE (players, parents, and family members). Players do not have to wear masks while on the ice. Masks should be worn correctly - this means that they must cover both your nose and mouth.
- Coaches will be required to wear masks on the bench during games except for a stoppage of play to issue instructions.
- Coaches do not have to wear masks during practices but should make every effort to practice social distancing.
- Please practice social distancing in the rink lobby while watching a game & in all public areas. No congregating in the lobby for parents, players & coaches.
- Teams will be allowed to use locker rooms. Please make sure your team undresses quickly after their game & leaves the arena asap. Showers will not be permitted. Locker room assignments can be found on the TVs in the lobby.
- The rink has sanitizing & cleaning throughout the day, including locker room and bench cleaning after every session.
- No one should attend a game or practice if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- If a player or family member tests positive for COVID-19, you must notify the Sharks at email@example.com AND stay away from all team events until you receive a return to play approval from the Sharks Director of Hockey Operations. We will observe all HIPPA laws related to privacy.
- Team Managers are accountable for contacting the "away" rinks when teams travel and communicating any additional regulations.
- Team Managers are accountable for communicating with visiting teams.
- Teams playing in Massachusetts must follow these additional guidelines – Massachusetts COVID REGULATIONS
- Check out the USA Hockey resources.